Thursday, July 8, 2010

Low Carb Pizza


I made this for Bob last night. It smelled incredible but he didn't like the crust. I am sure I would have loved it.

Crust:
  • 1 1/2 cups flax seed meal
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning mix
  • 3 tablespoons oil
  • 2 eggs plus 1 egg white
  • 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 C water (may have to add more)
Mix dry ingredients then add wet ingredients to form dough. Let it sit for about 5 minutes. Spread onto cookie sheet, pizza dish, etc. Use parchment paper or grease dish or it will stick. Bake in 425 preheated oven for about 10 minutes. Top with favorite pizza toppings and put back in oven until toppings are done. I put pizza sauce on the baked crust then put a layer of provolone slices on it. Next I added lots of pepperoni, some black olives, and topped everything with shredded mozzarella.

No comments: