Tuesday, April 26, 2011

GAPS Intro: Day 2

I woke up with a wicked headache and backache as well as feeling angry - typical die off for me. However, I don't think it's because I started intro. As I mentioned, I was already hovering around stage 1 and 2 foods only. The only difference is that I am boiling my meat versus frying or baking it. I did increase my fermented veggie juice yesterday AND added a clove of garlic to my soup. I think that's what did it.

My heart rate is off the charts today and not only am I taking a beta blocker today, but I have already taken two because one wasn't enough. My temperature is pretty high also - 98.6 first thing this morning and 99.3 after lunch. So either the die off is causing the increased heart rate or I need to reduce my thyroid meds even more. The T3 may have just accumulated and I need to just skip it one day or I need less overall. Today I am going to skip the ferments and probees and will see what my heart rate does tomorrow. If it's still high then it's time to reduce Cytomel. What a friggin' pain all this is.

Food today - boiled pork meatballs, pork bone broth, pork fat cracklings.

No comments: