Saturday, April 7, 2012

I Broke My Fast

I made it 17 days and broke my fast on Thursday. The first few days of the fast were incredibly hard, then it got much easier, and then it was a struggle again. I think it got harder when I started drinking Kombucha because my first batch was finally done and I LOVE it. Although I know it is quite strong I couldn't resist drinking quite a bit of it. So last Monday I was feeling rather miserable and was tempted to break the fast, but that afternoon I got a colonic and felt much better afterward. So I decided to continue and it was much easier again.

I also finally stopped drinking coffee - again. Right now I am drinking oolong tea but I can't say I really like it. I tried blending coconut oil into it but that's not doing it for me.

Thursday for lunch I had beef bone broth, a soft boiled egg yolk, 2 oz Wild Planet Skipjack Light Tuna, and some mashed avocado. For dinner I had the same but instead of just mashed avocado I had Coconut-Lime Avocado Creme. It is such a simple and easy recipe yet I love the flavor combo.

Yesterday's lunch was more bone broth, an egg yolk, and Wild Planet Skipjack Light Tuna mashed with avocado and homemade Sauerkraut (sorry - the picture is kind of blurry).

This morning I wasn't going to eat breakfast. In fact, I was going to go back to intermittent fasting eating lunch and dinner only versus doing the leptin reset. However, I felt rather poorly either from too much Kombucha yesterday, too much Sauerkraut, and/or Biltricide so I had two chicken sausages that I had planned on eating for lunch. So today I will have just bone broth and an egg yolk for lunch. Dinner will be wild Alaskan salmon filet sauteed in tallow and Smoked Mushrooms.

I think I am over the initial caffeine withdrawal since I was down to half a cup of coffee in the AM anyhow, but I still miss the taste of coffee. Especially since I started blending it with CO.

No comments: