Monday, June 11, 2012

Red Wine Cake

I have been trying to turn "normal" recipes into Paleo and/or GAPS friendly recipes. Red Wine cake is a typical German cake that my mom used to make all the time and I did as well when I was still eating grains. Here is my Paleo/GAPSish version

what you need:
  • 6 eggs
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup red wine
  • 3/4 cups coconut flour
  • 1/4cup ground hazelnuts
  • 1.5 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder or baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
what you do:
Mix all ingredients in an Omniblend or other high  powered blender or with an electric mixer. Grease a loaf pan, pour batter in, and bake in 350 degree pre-heated oven for 30 to 40 minutes.




Guten Appetit!


    No comments: