I decided to make another soup for DH in my new OmniBlend using the leftover veggies from my broth. He liked it so here it goes.
- 1 pound chicken breast (cut into small chunks)
- 2 cups leftover, already cooked veggies
- 1 1/3 cups coconut milk
- 1/3 cup raw almonds
- 1 teaspoon thai curry seasoning (we bought this when we got the Vitamix)
- 1/2 cube blend it up bouillon (also a Vitamix thing but any bouillon will do)
- 2-3 tablespoon sesame oil
- curry powder, salt, pepper to taste
Sautee chicken breast in sesame oil, add curry powder, salt and pepper.
When the chicken is almost done cooking, place the almonds, coconut milk, and spices in the blender.
Heat the vegetables and add to the blender as well.
Process on 90 second setting if you have an OmniBlend, otherwise just process until well blended. Pour soup into bowls and add chicken. If I had had any cilantro left I would have added a few cilantro leaves as well.