Friday, October 28, 2011

First Recipe in the OmniBlend - Creamy Vegetable Soup

I was able to get a brand new OmniBlend for $175, no shipping. I just got home today from NC and made some vegetable broth from tomatoes, asparagus, zucchini, broccoli, onions, jalapeno peppers, and cilantro. DH commented on how good it smelled and said he would like a soup from the left over veggies. So here is what I threw together.

  • 2 cups leftover veggies
  • 1/2 cup vegetable broth
  • 1/2  cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/2  cube knorr chicken boullion
  • 7 grinds black peppercorns

Process in OmniBlend on high until well blended and warm. I also cut some chunks of ham into the soup for him. He said it was great.

So far I like the OmniBlend much better than the Vitamix. I need to do a proper review.

No comments: