Monday, July 11, 2011

GAPS Intro #7: Day 11

Eleven days of intro and I have not noticed any changes for the better what so ever. I stopped the Berb/GSE supplement as well as the Symbioflor probees from Germany. I started feeling so awful I couldn't think or function. I am also giving up on boiled meat. It hasn't done a thing for me.

Friday I went to see a doctor in OH. His dad, a retired doctor, was also there. They think my lymph system is not working properly causing toxins to build up in my body. In addition, they feel my adrenals and thyroid are shot. Ya think!?

Anyway, they put me on two liquid herbal extracts (one for the lymph/detox and one for adrenals/thyroid), liquid ionic minerals, and probees. I am supposed to start the latter in 2 weeks. They have a lower CFU count than mine so maybe those will work for me.

Yesterday I actually had a relatively good day. I wasn't so down/depressed or as angry as I normally am, the distended belly wasn't so bad in the morning, and I had fairly good energy (spent 2 hours mowing and edging the yard in 90-something degree weather). This morning I woke up and that horrible anger is back. I told Pepper (dog) "back" when I went to open the door and as usual she didn't listen. I was so angry I wanted to SCREAM at her and probably would have if DH hadn't still been sleeping. I hate this kind of anger.

I am also depressed, frustrated, tired of feeling this way, tired of waking up with a headache, tired of not knowing what is causing the friggin' abdominal distention, and just feel like crying today.

Not exactly a happy post - what can I say!?

3 comments:

Suzy said...

I am in the middle of a very difficult move, so I've not been able to be on the web much.

But I did want to send you many healing wishes and LOVE!

I know how hard it is to try so hard and still feel bad. I live in pain and fatigue daily even though I am eating as best as I possibly can.

You are in my heart and prayers.

Natalia said...

Hi Kristina
I am from the GAPS list.
I was wondering if you had ever considered oxalates?
I noticed you don't eat vegetables, but it is possible to make oxalate endogenously which is what happened to me with bone broth. A lot of your symptoms are the same as mine. This is mainly because of B6 deficiency (we think), and I saw how you had a gall bladder attack- B vitamins play a very important role in keeping the gallbladder and liver healthy.
It might be worth getting an Organic Acids Test, which gives you a huge snapshot in to lots of things happening in the body.
Just a thought.
I hope you feel better today.

Kristina said...

Suzy,

Thank you...I will be praying for you as well.

Natalia,

I did have an organic acid test and it came back negative. I sometimes wonder, too, about oxalates but it looks like my issue is Lyme disease. Should know more in about a week.

Kristina