Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring 2012 Fast: Day 1

As I mentioned in my blog post about fasting earlier today, I did not do an enema or take Epsom salt this morning. Right about now I am really regretting that decision. I started getting a headache around 6 PM, I feel fairly worn out, my mouth is dry, and I am in a bad mood. I am definitely doing enemas tomorrow. Actually, I hope to do coffee enemas every day for the remainder of my fast like they recommend on the Gerson protocol.

Today I consumed coffee, water, vegetable broth, and some coconut oil. The broth was made from bok choy, broccoli, tomatoes, carrots, kale, cilantro, mushrooms, and water. I also added Celtic sea salt to each cup of broth I drank since I tend to lose salt which then increases my already fast heart rate. Tomorrow I hope to cut out the coconut oil and stick to just coffee, water, and broth.

Otherwise I just rested, read, watched some TV, did some research for nutrition/health coach certifications, blogged, and tried to come up with a name for a website. My hope is to help others with health issues when I am healthy myself and to change careers. I just don't feel that being a database programmer is my passion but time will tell.

No comments: