Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring 2012 Fast: Day 3

Yesterday was a really rough day for me. I woke up with a nasty headache going all the way down my neck and into my upper back and it never went away, despite the fact that I did 3 coffee enemas in a row. I was out of it all day as well just feeling kind of numb. My heart rate when I first came downstairs was 160 with BP 91/67 - that's standing. This morning it's a little bit better. My heart rate went up to 149 as I was making coffee and giving the dogs their pills and treats. My BP sitting was 90/60 and fasting blood sugar was 60. However, my glucose test strips expired November last year so I am not sure how accurate that blood sugar reading is.

Right now the thought of fasting another 11 or 14 days seems overwhelming so I am trying not to think about it. Plus I am trying to remind myself of all the wonderful benefits of fasting and how much better I will feel if I stick with it.

What is amazing to me is how toxic my body is. My friend S. in Germany drinks coffee, eats grains and sugar, and smokes. When we went on a fast last year at the clinic in Germany she stopped drinking coffee and had a bit of a headache. She got her colonic at the clinic and the headache went away. She also had fairly good energy and overall didn't feel too badly. Here I am with my restricted diet, I don't smoke, I use natural and/or homemade cleaning products and laundry detergent, and I do a lot of stuff for detox on a daily basis yet I feel like crap when I go on a fast. That just shows that my body is pretty efficient at taking toxins in but not so good at getting them out of my body. I sure hope this will change soon.

No comments: