Saturday, June 4, 2011

D-Ribose

Today was a rough day. I was hoping I could tolerate all the supplements, including d-ribose, since it is one of the important ones in people with mitochondrial failure. Unfortunately it totally kicked in my sugar cravings. All day long I wanted something sweet and I was really hungry - more so than I normally am.

Sometime after dinner I decided to take a spoon full of coconut milk kefir and proceeded to eat the entire 30 oz jar. I just couldn't stop it was so friggin' good. Then I made "chocolate" from coconut oil, cocoa powder, and d-ribose. Why the hell did I do that?? Last time I tried 1/4 tsp of coconut oil I had a wicked headache and backache the next day. Between the 2 to 3 Tbsp of coconut oil I ate and the 30 oz of coconut milk kefir, I could be feeling vewwy, vewwy sick tomorrow. I kind of regret trying it but on the other hand, if I hadn't I would have wondered if it would have helped. I guess now I know!

Hopefully the l-carnatine, niacin, and CoQ10 will help even without the d-ribose. I need something because I have been feeling utterly fatigued.

As I was consuming the "chocolate" I was thinking that it was stupid to go back on intro 8 days before I am going out of town for 4 days. I guess I will re-start for the 800th time when I get back from Austin or I may just not worry about it since I am stuck on stage 2 anyhow. Boiled meat has certainly never made a difference in how I feel.

The stool test kit didn't come today which was disappointing. I really wanted to get it over with and sent back to the lab to see if parasites are still an issue. A friend from the GAPS group also suggested having a rectal swab done so I will be looking into that as well. I am so fed up I am ready to go on another fast just so I can get some relief. Today I got so tired of being hungry that I just ate. That alone made my stomach distend even more. Eating coconut milk kefir and coconut oil sure didn't help and now I am literally in pain. I hate this!

No comments: