Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 10 - 2:15 PM

Yesterday was a pretty uneventful day. Walked to town, got a colonic, read, talked to Bob. Not much going on really. Had a bit of carrot juice for breakfast and was bloated again.

Today I had an appointment with the doctor. I mentioned I feel a bit weak so he took my blood pressure. It was 95/60 – no wonder I feel weak. I also mentioned the bloating after eating broth. He called another guy who works here, Herr Faulstich. He is a “Diplom Oecotrophologe”. No idea what that is but I was supposed to go talk to him about the broth. The doc also had me lie down on a table and he felt around on my stomach. He said I must have had bladder infections at one point in my life and I did. He said he could still feel it. Huh?

He then pushed around and said that it must hurt and as he was moving further up and pushing said that it probably hurts more. Well it did. I was very surprised. He recommended an ostheopathic treatment. Not sure what it is but I am scheduled for one next week. I’ll do some research on it and will cancel it if it feels hoakie.

Next I went to see Herr Faulstich. He said the broth is just veggies and of course “vegetable broth granules” for seasoning. Huh again!? This is why I asked the first night if there is anything in it and was told there isn’t. Anyway, starting tonight I will get clear broth from one veggie without any spices or herbs what so ever. Yum – bet that tastes GREAT! He said I must still be reacting to something. I really hope it was the stupid granules since they tend to have things like yeast extract, corn flour, maltodextrin, etc.

I feel quiet today. Not really sad, depressed or angry, but also not really joyful or happy. When I talked to the doc about bloating after drinking clear broth I almost started to cry. I am so ready to be able to eat without discomfort again. I know, I have said this before.

I can’t say that doing this fast is really hard, or that I feel I am not going to make it, but I can’t say that it’s easy either. On some level I wish I could be done already. I wish I could be healthy without going through this.

I did remember last night that the first doctor I talked to here on the phone said that true healing starts around day 10 of a fast. Well, that’s today. I have 11 days to go so that’s quite a bit of healing my body will be going through. I have already made such improvements like no more bloating after 6 days. And I can tolerate 1/8 tsp of Nystatin now which I wasn’t able to just a few weeks ago. The doc did say not to take it right now because there should not be any candida overgrowth left after this. He said the Epsom salt is flushing the yeast out of my small intestine while the colonics are flushing it out of the small intestine, plus I am taking probiotics. He said that’s good enough. Works for me!

Something I am really looking forward to, aside from eating again in general, is eating coconut oil again. The health benefits of coconut oil are amazing and I love the taste. It’s also really good for the thyroid. Much like the Nystatin, I got horrible die off from very small amounts (1/2 tsp) of coconut oil just a few weeks back. After the fast this should not be the case.

*************

Before I wrote the above, I had taken two of the supplements I was given here, the homeopathic for heart and circulation and some mineral mix. Now I am bloated. Trying to stay positive.

No comments: