Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 13 - 11:45 AM

First the bad stuff. I woke up at 3 AM again because the Epsom salt kicked in. From then on I kept dozing off and waking up so I am pretty tired today. Tried to go back to sleep after my arm bath but it wasn’t happening. I also have a headache, upper backache, and lower backache, but it’s tolerable. I miss Bob and the dogs. I miss my home. I miss my bed. I miss food.

Now the good stuff – I love this “nothingness” in my stomach. Before there was this constant pressure; not just in my stomach, as in the organ, but my entire abdomen above and below the belly button. All day it felt like there was something inside pushing out in varying degrees. Now there is nothing. Void. I LOVE it.

Despite being tired I managed another mini weight work out. Not much and not very long. What I would really like to do is go for a walk but it’s still snowing and I am not sure I can manage the hills.

This morning I fixed myself “Bee’s Electrolyte Drink” (6 oz. of water, ¼ tsp sea salt, lemon juice). It gives me a few carbs to keep my blood sugar up and I need the salt for my heart rate. Today at lunch I will not take the probio they gave me to see if that is contributing to the bloating. That’s what Herr Faulstich and I decided on last night. We’ll see how it goes. If that doesn’t work, I’ll ask him if I can just drink the electrolyte drink 3 times a day. I am guessing it would give me more calories/carbs than that clear broth.

Although I feel much better, it is once again clear to me that I have a long road ahead of me. This 21-day fast is a kick-start to healing but it’s not the end. Based on the die off I am still getting I know there is still a lot going on that needs to be “fixed”. I have been reading more about probiotics and what I am hoping and praying for is that I can tolerate homemade, raw milk kefir and yogurt when I am done. There are people who have taken tons of store bought probiotics yet nothing changed in their gut flora because they are transient. Yet when people eat raw milk kefir that has been fermented at least 24 hours (so all the lactose is digested by the bacteria), their gut flora has actually changed. In addition, their vitamin B and K levels have gone up without supplementing.

There are also some open ended questions like what to do about bio-identical hormones. If the progesterone cream is really feeding the fungi I would like to know. But I am not sure I am healthy enough yet to stop it. I think for now my body still needs it especially as I wean off hydrocortisone completely.

I have been praying that God would help me to be strict once I am done fasting. I want this year to be the year of healing for me. And to achieve this I would like to do the following:

* Eat strict zero carb (without cheats)
* Have at least one but ideally two cups of bone broth with raw garlic daily (sorry honey!)
* Have at least one cup of raw milk kefir or yogurt daily
* Drink some homemade sauerkraut juice daily (or juice from other fermented veggies)
* Eat 5 to 6 tablespoons of coconut oil daily
* Fast one day per week (as recommended here)
* Stay off caffeine
* Take only a few supplements that I still need for now like HCl, digestive enzymes, Vitamin D3 and a few others

I think this is the best course of action. I am not sure what else I could do other than getting plenty of rest, keeping stress to a minimum, and getting some exercise.

On a different note, why would anybody want to become a colonhydrotherapist??

No comments: